It can be super easy to get stuck in a routine marriage. However, just know that it can be avoided. There are many things you can do, big and small, to spice up your marriage. Here are a few that we came up with. Don’t be afraid to give them a try!
1. Take a class together or cook something together. These are perfect ways to bond with each other.
2. Create intimate moments. For instance, a deep discussion about something or reading a book together by the fire place.
3. Have a sleepover. In other words, go all out with movies, snacks, hot chocolate, etc. and create a fun comfortable space to enjoy it.
4. Plan your dream vacation. It’s proven planning a vacation brings more joy than the actual. Then create a plan to make it happen! Figure out how much money you need and how much you should save each month.
5. Have a “fight.” Whether it’s with water guns, water balloons, nerf guns, or pillows. It’ll be a great bonding moment.
6. Exercise together. Go to the gym together or try taking a yoga class.
7. Change one thing in your bedroom every so often. As a result, this will keep things interesting and a change is always good.
8. Share a 20 second hug with your spouse. Hugs are scientifically proven to strengthen bonds.
9. Write a handwritten love letter for your spouse. This is super special because it’s something you can keep and look back on for years.
10. Pray together. Above all, this is the best way to keep your marriage strong.
11. Make a fun dessert and get creative with it. Let your imagination take over for this one.
12. Take a shower or bath together. It can be totally relaxing.
13. Give each other a full body massage.
14. Have sex at a different time of day. Not to mention, change is good.
15. Read a sex educational book or blog and try one thing you learn from it.
16. Make love somewhere other than your bedroom. Sometimes a small change can make a big difference!
17. Flirt with each other. Whisper into his/her ear, play footsie under the table, get creative.
18. Pack a picnic lunch or dinner with bite-size foods. Take it to a park or beach and just enjoy each other’s company.
19. Send your spouse coded sexy texts. Something that even if kids or someone else saw wouldn’t know what you were talking about.
20. Speak the language of love in a foreign language.
21. Have a fashion show. Go to a discount store like Ross, TJ Maxx or lingerie store like Victoria’s Secret or something online. Buy your spouse lingerie, sleepwear, boxer shorts, etc. Wear something that makes you feel confident and sexy. Have fun!
It’s important to feel confident, comfortable and sexy with your spouse. These tips are sure to add that extra level of spice to your marriage. Don’t be afraid to try new things and change things up.