Whether you are going on your honeymoon, anniversary, Valentines outing or just looking for a romantic getaway, here are some great tips and places.
When we think of a romantic place or trip, the imagery of candlelit dinners, hand in hand walks on the beach, five-star accomodations, and exotic sites, come to mind. It is easy to think of Paris, the city of love or a tropical paradise in the Pacific. However, we truly wanted to take a more global look at destinations, some obvious and some are off the beaten path. We have broken them down by geography. Depending on which part of the world you live, some may be more appealing or reachable than others.
What are some of the criteria to be looking at?
1. Think about both your and your spouse’s likes and dislikes.
2. Which place gives you both intimacy?
3. How far are you willing to travel?
4. How much budget do you have?
5. How much time do you have (including travel time) and do you like to have a full schedule or just play it by ear?
6. Do you like modern or historical places, city or rural, market or beach?
7. How is the food scene? (Are there halal options?)
Here they are, our 33 Most Romantic Cities in the World, including many Muslim majority or Muslim-friendly countries.
Jaco Beach, Costa Rica
Prague, Czech Republic
Positano, Amalfi Coast, Italy
Moselle river valley, Germany
Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Port Louis, Mauritius
Abu Dhabi, Duabi, UAE
Ko Panyi, Thailand
Yunnan province, China
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Coromandel Peninsula, New Zealand
Gold Coast, Australia
Bora Bora, Tahiti