There is this certain stigma around anything dealing with “dating” in the Muslim community. Dating, however, doesn’t always refer to premarital relationships. Who says married couples can’t have fun too? There are so many ways to spend date night with your spouse. Here are a few:
- The Classic: Dinner and a Movie
- The most common date night. Choose a restaurant you both love and end it with a movie, or make dinner at home together and rent a movie. You may have totally opposite taste in movies, but don’t let that be an issue. Take turns picking the movie if you need to.
- It Takes Two: Bowling or Skating
- Forget about all of your stress and do something fun together. Skip the classic dinner and a movie, and enjoy some nachos and pizza.
- Simple: Coffee and Stroll
- This will give you a chance to talk and enjoy the night out together. You can take a walk at the park, downtown, or even some window shopping at the mall.
There are so many other things you can do on date night with your spouse, that you really don’t even need to pay for. The bottom line is to enjoy each other’s company. We get so caught up in our day-to-day lives that we forget to slow down and enjoy the little things.
What are some things you do on date night? Comment below!