The wedding has come and gone, and now it’s time for you and your spouse to enjoy being newlyweds. Whether you’re traveling overseas or going on a road trip, we got you covered in terms of which clothing items to pack. You are most likely going somewhere warm, so we’ll stick to tips for that specific climate. Here they are:
- Lightweight scarves – We recommend viscose or rayon fabrics.
- Palazzo Pants – They are very lightweight and airy, perfect for those super hot tropical days.
- Maxi Skirts/Dresses – Your go-to items for super hot weather, for obvious reasons of course. To make things even easier, look for fully lined skirts and dresses especially if you don’t want to show too much (recommended for our hijab-wearing sisters).
- ‘Burkini’ or something modest to swim in – Trust us, you’ll really want to go the extra mile. Watching everyone else swim is no fun.
- Sandals/Heels/Sneakers – Bring sandals for your everyday use, but also a pair of sneakers in case you are participating in activities (kayaking, zip-lining, etc.)
- Lingerie/PJs – It’s your honeymoon, bring a different set for every night. Also, bring your comfy PJs.
We thought it would be beneficial to write these out in a list-format. One thing we recommend not bringing along are jeans. Jeans in tropical heat is not a good idea. They will stick to you and that’s not a pleasant feeling. Melanie of Haute Hijab said it best: “You’ll want to avoid layering as much as possible and maxi dresses and skirts are the best way to do that.”
Our Editor, Marwa, also blogged her honeymoon looks, “[One] thing I learned from this trip is NOT to over-pack. I found myself using the same shoes and purse (while I packed about 5 pairs and 2 purses). I always make sure I have enough outfits for each day, but then that thought jumps in my mind of “what if…” I like to be safe than sorry, but we just need to know where to draw the line. Instead of bringing extra outfits – maybe just bring extra articles of clothing (like a shirt or extra pants).”
Don’t forget to refer to our previous post regarding all of the items you and your husband will need. We hope this was helpful and we hope you have a memorable, beautiful honeymoon inshAllah.