To honor Muhammad Ali, we searched for quotes that bore some relevance to weddings and marriage. Here they are:
1. It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.
In marriage the little things also count, annoying habits repeated over time become the pebbles that cause sores in relationships.
2. At home I am a nice guy, but I don’t want the world to know. Humble people, I’ve found, don’t get very far.
Domestic work, including looking after children is a shared activity, go for it pop’s.
3. Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.
The more you give in a relationship the more you get.
4. Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you’re going to be right.
Conflict in marriage is inevitable, however, when it happens don’t go to bed angry, don’t leave home angry, start each day a fresh.
5. There are no pleasures in a fight, but some of my fights have been a pleasure to win.
Although the ego feeds of winning spousal fights, ask yourself would you rather be right or happy?
6. A man who has no imagination has no wings.
Marriages are lifted by dreams, but of course are built on foundations.
7. Don’t count the days; make the days count.
Where possible put your heart and soul into whatever you do.
8. Allah’s the Arabic term for God. Stand up for God, fight for God, work for God and do the right thing, and go the right way, things will end up in your corner.
Knowing and having presence of God (Taqwa) is paramount to great husband/wife relationships.
9. My toughest fight was with my first wife.
Arguments with loved ones are the most challenging, but remember there is no perfect spouse.
10. Silence is golden when you can’t think of a good answer.
11. He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
Even in marriage the status quo becomes boring, so every so often reinvent your marriage.
12. Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
There will be times when you feel you have come to the end of your rope, when you do just give it some slack.
13. The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses—behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
Some couple marriages look simplistically perfect, yet what is not visible is the constant hard work forgiveness and love they put into it.
14. Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are.
Have a youthful heart with your spouse but act age appropriate outside.
15. Friendship … is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”
Behave with your spouse like a best friend or better.
16. It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.
Make your spouse feel beautiful, strong and wanted every day.
17. A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.
Making mistakes is human, repeating them without learning the lessons is folly.
In conclusion, we hope you enjoyed this compilation of Muhammad Ali’s quotes relating to marriage. Furthermore, if you have any other quotes by Muhammad Ali that you’d like to share, comment below.