Alicia Keys has received a lot of attention going makeup free, something she said “makes her feel empowered.” Here at Perfect Muslim Wedding, we thought it would be a great opportunity to look at bridal makeup.
In American culture it’s always an unsaid rule that guests should compliment the bride on how beautiful she looks. Although some makeup, properly applied, can enhance your features, many Muslim brides or bridesmaids may go a little overboard with makeup.
If you are a strong believer in makeup we are not here to change your mind. We’re simply giving you tips on how to achieve the natural, no makeup look for your big day. Allowing you to feel fresh and healthy for your wedding day.
You don’t necessarily need to go completely bare-faced. Either way, you should follow the steps below to achieve a radiant, fresh face.
Here are 6 steps to take to look naturally beautiful without makeup:
- Exfoliate at least once a week, to remove dead skin cells, including your lips. Apply moisturizer and sunscreen regularly.
- Follow the 8 by 8 Rule of 8 glasses of water and 8 hours of sleep.
- Eat healthy organic and wholesome foods. Our bodies are containers of both the physical and spiritual. What we consume in food and thoughts affects our natural makeup.
- Being Muslim you will probably do this anyway when you make wudu, but wash your face regularly.
- Love yourself and love your family and friends. How you feel inside reflects your confidence and poise outside. If you are stressed, it will show.
- Smile and make duaa. It’s sunnah and it will make you look naturally beautiful. Be sure to make this duaa: “O Allah, just as You have made my external features beautiful, make my character beautiful as well.”
Just to reiterate, we are not taking a position on makeup. You can chose to wear a lot of it, wear it lightly or go makeup free. Any way you choose it’s important to focus on feeling good about yourself. Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life, so stay true to yourself. Don’t feel bound by any particular trend or look. Do what makes you feel beautiful for your big day. We’re here to tell you your natural look is your best look, always remember that. Congratulations on your marriage!