We all know how hard it can be to describe your vision to someone who needs to make it happen. However, there are ways around it. The best route to take is to have plenty of pictures to show your vendors. This will leave no room for: “You didn’t say that,” or “Oh … that shade of pink.” Here are ways to find the right photos and the best way to explain it to your vendors.
1. Pinterest will be your best friend throughout this entire planning process. It allows you to create boards for every detail of your wedding, and even has the links to where you could possibly get certain items from. You can also get your eyes on some more photos too. The best thing to do is to e-mail links of the boards to the coinciding vendor.
2. Save photos and e-mail them as an attachment to the right vendor.
3. Print the photos found online and bring them to your vendor meeting.
4. Create a “life-size” inspiration board. Purchase various wedding magazines and start clipping away to arrange your inspiration board/wedding collage. Bring this to each vendor meeting. It is the perfect visual as it has everything pertaining to the wedding on one board.
5. Do you have a specific color palette in mind? Do you have items or cloth in that particular color? Bring it along with you. Without photos or any type of visual it will be hard to communicate what light pink really means in your mind.
If you’re a newlywed and have anything to add please comment below!