Wedding crashers are not just in the movies. It is one thing for crashers to partake in the appetizers and buffet, but a the danger of wedding gift theft is far greater. Muslim weddings are even more vulnerable because guests gift usually in cash.
So what can you do to prevent someone like this from spoiling your perfect day? Short of having armed guards and a taser, here are a few ideas:
- Place your gift table away from entrances and exits.
- Make sure it has a trusted attendant or preferably two (family or friends).
- Make sure once the program starts the gift box is not left unattended. Have the attendant put the gift box in a secure agreed upon place or under the supervision of a family member.
- Have a small wedding, that way you know everyone.
- Greet all your guests.
- Forget the gift table and hand carry the gift basket (for some hosts this maybe uncomfortable).
- You can always create an online registry too, and have presents sent to your home.
- Think about getting wedding insurance.
- It may be difficult to confront a wedding crasher. Be polite, but do call them out or have an assigned intimidating host or staff member escort them out.
The purpose in sharing this post is not to scare you, but to remind you to stay vigilant. Have a great wedding day.