It’s important to continue to date your spouse. Just because you are married does not mean that married life has to be boring. Furthermore, as with any relationship, you have to put energy into it otherwise all the daily chores of life take over. The most important decision you will ever make is who you marry. Finally, the most important investment you make will be that in your spouse.
Here are 37 fun, affordable date night ideas for husbands and wives:
1. Play your favorite board game
2. Cook a meal together
3. Take bike ride or hike together
4. Go on a picnic
5. Pray with your spouse, pray for them.
6. Write a poem for each other and read it to them
7. Have a pillow fight or play wrestle (guys you have to be gentle)
8. Work on a scrapbook together to capture memories
9. Plan a vacation together (the joy is in the planning)
10. Flirt with your spouse in a restaurant or coffee shop
11. Visit the farmer’s market together
12. Play frisbee in the park or mini-golf
13. Look through old photo albums and other memorabilia to recount good memories
14. Go for a date to Costco and taste the free samples
15. Water the garden or wash the car, any excuse to get the hose out and have a water fight.
16. Watch the stars at night by lying together in the backyard and name a star after your spouse.
17. Play in the snow, rain or leaves.
18. Park your car in the garage and bring your laptop and LCD projector to simulate a Drive-in movie.
19. Play hide and seek in the house with the lights out and a flashlight.
20. Use old photos to make an online or hardcopy photo montage
21. Create a scavenger hunt for your spouse
22. Attend a local festival (film, home, flower, garlic…)
23. Take a test-drive with your spouse in his or her dream car.
24. Drive to a location where you can see the horizon and the sun setting
25. Give your spouse a full body massage without expecting anything in return
26. Find small reasons to give gifts on an ongoing basis and when least expected
27. If your spouse is ok with surprises book a dream vacation
28. Write hand-written love notes on Post It’s or on a nice quality paper
29. Give a gift of a free Spa visit
30. Call, text, record a video from work or from a business trip and tell your wife how much you love her.
31. Take a walk together and just shoot the breeze
32. Tell her or him all the things you appreciate about them
33. Go to the park and play on the slide, swings just like the old days.
34. Play footsie under the dinner table or at a restaurant
35. Sing to your wife, dance with her in the privacy of your home or hotel or…
36. Blindfold your spouse and kiss their erogenous zones
37. With a sincere look in their eyes magnify their look and love for you.
In conclusion, we hope you enjoyed these date your spouse ideas. Lastly, it’s easy to fall into routine, but it’s even easier to plan a date and have some fun.