You’re probably going to receive all sorts of tips and advice as you embark on this wonderful journey called marriage. It’ll be hard to decipher between the good advice and the not-so-good advice. So with that being said, we’ve compiled a list of 10 best pieces of advice for newlyweds.
Here they are:
- Always, always treat each other with respect. No matter what.
- Watch your finances and learn to have healthy conversations about money.
- Delay starting a family until it’s right. You will feel the pressure of this as soon as you get married, but as long as you have a plan you agree on between the two of you, you’re fine.
- Learn how to give a massage. This is a great non-verbal way to show appreciation to your spouse.
- Be close, but give each other space. It’s important to know when to give each other space, but it’s also important to ask your spouse for this in a positive manner.
- Pay attention to the small things, they add up. As newlyweds, it’s going to take some time to adjust so pay attention.
- Maintain boundaries with family and friends. Again as newlyweds, this will be difficult at first, but everything will fall into place as long as you establish those boundaries early on.
- In-laws are not out-laws, but you must deal with them with sensitivity and respect.
- Don’t worry or get stressed out about sex. You and your spouse will find what works for the both of you. Communication is key!
- Never go to bed angry.
These pieces of advice will ensure both you and your spouse feel respected and comfortable. It’s all about balance and really understanding each other’s boundaries, and respecting them. It’s also important to put your trust in God at all times, that is probably the ultimate piece of advice we can give you.