Newly married or soon-to-be married Muslim couples have many options for going on a honeymoon. A honeymoon does not have to be at an exotic or distant location. It could be a place that is local that you and your spouse have never been to. Having privacy and time to get to know each other is the main focus of a honeymoon. Although most couples choose to go to the honeymoon immediately after the wedding, you can choose to delay it for a later more convenient or budget-friendly time or place. Because of course, there is budget and amount of vacation time to consider. In no particular order, below are the top 10 picks by Perfect Muslim Wedding for honeymoon destinations.
1. Mecca and Medina, Saudi Arabia. Some couple consider this the perfect way to start their lives by going for Umrah or Hajj.
2. Mali, Maldives. From the Nika Island Resort where you effectively have private beaches to the Mirihi Island Resort, the Maldives offers a “heavan on earth” experience in a Muslim majority country.
3. Istanbul, Turkey. This is one of our favorite destinations. At the crossroads of Europe and Asia, Turkey offers a Muslim heritage and history in a country with a booming economy.
4. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. A cosmopolitan culture of Malays, Indians and Chinese with both natural beauty and a modern metropolis.
5. Koh Yao Noi, Thailand. This is a Muslim island in Thailand’s Andaman Sea, which is home to the Six Senses Resort.
6. Zanzibar, Tanzania. Off the coast of Tanzania known for the spice trade, an exotic seashore and Muslim presence.
7. Marrakesh, Morocco. Inland from the Mediterranean sea, Marrakesh with access by air or through Tangiers offers a glimpse into Sub-Saharan Africa, the Berber and Muslim culture.
8. Granada, Spain. With over 800 years of Muslim history, the Southern peninsula from Seville through Gibraltar and Granada offers a beautiful experience and coastline.
9. Dubai, UAE. Dubai is a dynamic business and tourist center that is centrally-located and has lots to offer in terms of attractions and shopping.
10. Cairo, Egypt. From the blue Nile to the Pyramids, Cairo has a lot of opportunities to do some sight-seeing with your better half.