Sana Rydhan and Nadim Ali’s wedding:
I am a party planner so I tried to plan out every detail of my wedding. At some moments I forgot to enjoy the process and just wanted it to be over. Alhumdulilah (thank god) mostly everything went as planned and we were able to enjoy all the hard work. I am thankful to have had so many friends and family help out as much as they did, and they all know we will do the same for them insha’Allah (God willing). I loved the professionalism of all the vendors I used and was happy we were able to use many Muslim-owned companies. I would highly recommend them. The most memorable moments were sharing some nice quality moments with my husband during the wedding reception and seeing all the guests enjoy themselves. It was nice to be able to share my nikkah and special day with the community.
- Have more than one person know the schedule/agenda on and one main person contact.
- Keep it simple and enjoyable.
- Know that things will go wrong, but enjoy the day anyway.
- Things add up so watch your spending, especially the little things.
- Don’t try to make everyone happy, everyone will always have different opinions.
- Invite everyone you need to even if its over your capacity. The guest list will even out on its own. Some people cannot make it, some people will change RSVPs later, etc.
- Try to get all your family members involved.
- Combine both groom and bride sides’ cultural customs.
- Compromise is key.
- It’s okay to say what you want for the wedding, its your day.
- Do what makes you happy, but remember not everyone notices all the small details. So don’t stress over it and even if something goes wrong, no one knows that is not what you planned.
- Remember to thank God and give sadaqah (charity).
Nikkah & Wedding: Fremont Marriott
Valima: Waterford, Virginia
Nikkah & Wedding:
Photography & Video: Samson Productions by Aman Mohammad
Desserts: Classy Confections by Laila Khan
Cake: Anya’s Cakes by Annia Attiq
Decor: Aesthetica Decor by Noreen Tariq
Photobooth: Snapbots Fotographics- Asra Salim
DJ – DJ Salim
Hair & Makeup: Pro-makeup by Rabia Jamil
Hair & Makeup: Dressyourface by Tamanna Roashan
Nikkah: Imam Tahir Anwar
Photography & Video: Photography by Maria Fasih
Cake: Cupcake Novelties by Farozan